- contributed by Rick Herring
Some of you may remember the recent zoning case on Beach Street near Gateway Park, where developers proposed building 4-story warehouses along Beach and next to the park entrance. The developers withdrew their zoning change request after an outpouring of opposition from all across Fort Worth, and especially from Riverside and east Fort Worth.
Following these events, the property owners and the Urban Land Institute sponsored a three-day panel of development experts to explore realistic options for development of the vacant land near Gateway Park.
The five options that resulted from the ULI Expert Panel are as follows:
- Industrial uses (as current zoning permits);
- Mixed use multi-family and retail with park and trail connectivity;
- High density owner occupied townhomes, duplexes, etc., with park and trail connectivity;
- Natural open space with limited development; and
- Youth sports complex (as Fort Worth has been pursuing this) along with possible hotel and restaurant sites.
You can view the ULI Expert Panel presentation of findings at this link (starting about 9-10 minutes into the recording). Enter this passcode for access: W+SAjV6K
Post a Comment