The September ONA meeting was the time scheduled for residents to give input to The Bylaws Review Committee in person; online comments had been accepted for several weeks prior to the meeting. Members of the committee who were present to hear suggestions included Chairmen Jonathon Zimmerman, Robert Brown, Sharon Buse, and Chanin Scanlon. Charles Witt, Ken Cloud, and Ann Kothmann were not able to attend but comments were noted for future discussion by the committee. Approximately 25 residents attended the meeting and about 1/3 of those attending suggested revisions for the bylaws.
Issues presented at the meeting and submitted online, included:
- Have members vote for themselves rather than street reps voting on their behalf;
- Keep Robert’s Rules of Order to govern proceedings of ONA;
- Establish a Grievance Committee;
- Clean up some of the wording and structure;
- Establish more standing committees and change the organization and function of others;
- Allow treasurer to use online banking for some transactions.
The proposed bylaws revisions will be posted the 1st week of October to allow residents time to review before the October General Membership meeting on Thursday, October 18th at 6:30 pm. The meeting will be held in the Calvary Academy auditorium. Hope to see you there!
Thanks again to the Bylaws Committee who spent many nights meeting and discussing potential revisions!