This event is sponsored by the Fort Worth Water Department and BRIT, and it is open to residential landscapes within Fort Worth city limits and Fort Worth’s wholesale customer cities. Download the Call for Entry form or visit www.fortworthtexas.gov/water and click on EcoScape.
- The contest features front yard landscapes (1,000 ft. minimum)
- Up to three residential award winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd place) will receive prizes; community gardens, demonstration gardens and commercial landscapes are not eligible to participate
- All participants must agree to have their landscapes photographed and consent to allow such photographs to be used by the city
- All winners must agree to be present to answer visitor questions from 8:30am to 3:30pm on tour day
- Design: Aesthetic appeal; composition; use of color and plant variety
- Water Conservation: Efficient irrigation/water use; use of non-vegetative materials such as fences, walls, walks, etc.; use of native or adapted plants; reduced turf area; and use of mulches
- Appropriate Maintenance: Landscape tidy - healthy, disease and pest free plants; no weeds; plants pruned as appropriate
- Call 817.392.6565 or email email@example.com
Entry Deadline: August 16, 2013. Entries will be judged in late August (August 19-23) and winner’s names will be released the first week of September online. The public tour of landscapes will be held on Saturday, September 14, 2013. View the event flyer for more details.