What does this mean for you?
Residential landscape watering is limited to a two-days-per-week schedule, as follows:
- Wednesday and Saturday: Residential addresses ending in 0, 2, 4, 6, 8
- Thursday and Sunday: Residential addresses ending in 1, 3, 5, 7, 9
Exceptions to the restrictions are as follows:
- Foundations may be watered up to two hours per day on any day using a hand-held hose, soaker hose or drip irrigation system placed within 24 inches of the foundation that does not produce a spray of the water above the ground.
- Establishing new turf is discouraged. If hydromulch, grass sod, or grass seed has been installed, a variance is required.
- All users are encouraged to reduce the frequency of draining and refilling swimming pools.
- All users are encouraged to use native and adapted drought-tolerant plants in landscaping.
- Washing of any motorized vehicle (including a motorbike, boat, trailer, airplane, etc.) is limited to the use of a hand-held bucket or a hand-held hose equipped with a positive-pressure shutoff nozzle for quick rinses. Vehicle washing may be done at any time on the premises of a commercial car wash or commercial service station.
- Supervised testing, repair, or maintenance of a sprinkler system is an exception to allow water to run more than 50 feet away from the property.
- Discourage hosing of paved areas (sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, patios or other impervious surfaces), except to alleviate an immediate health or safety hazard. No hosing of buildings or other structures is permitted other than for fire protection or surface preparation prior to painting.
Questions? Contact the City of Fort Worth at 817.392.4477 or visit www.fortworthtexas.gov.
Post a Comment