This afternoon we were informed by Tarrant County Public Health (TCPH) there has been a confirmed West Nile Virus (WNV) positive mosquito sample collected from Fire Station #19.
It’s extremely important that residents continue to reduce the mosquito population by removing mosquito habitats from your property and to remind your neighbors.
We want to remind you that the most effective means of protection, even more protective than spraying, is to stay focused on the reduction of the mosquito population:
- Please check your yard for standing water in empty flower pots, pet bowls, toys, etc.
- Maintain your swimming pool.
- When you’re outdoors, remember to wear repellent that contains DEET
- Wear clothing with long sleeves and pants when applicable.
- Avoid being outdoors during dawn and dusk when mosquitoes are most active.
Post a Comment